Recent Articles

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 Ideas: Less Daisy and Villain of the week


As season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is behind us and season 4 is right around the corner I feel like now is the perfect time to toss out a few of my ideas for what should appear or happen in the upcoming season. First off let me say how glad I am that Skye/Daisy is no longer a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. I never liked her character, the way Marvel lied about her being an original character upon her debut, the swerve changing her from Mantis to Daisy Johnson, and the complete focus on her as the super special, only important person, can do no wrong Mary Sue! Semi rant aside, I think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. needs to pull the focus off of Daisy and on to the actual organization of S.H.I.E.L.D. itself. With a new Director going to show up in season 4, my money is on Glenn Talbot,  now is the time to show us how agents are picked, trained, and move through the ranks. We already saw a little of this, but not enough to truly get a sense of what S.H.I.E.L.D. is really like when not on ongoing missions as the titular Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have been on since season 1. In addition to getting more information on S.H.I.E.L.D. by pulling away from Daisy, we can also pull away from the whole Inhumans debacle and try to put some of that genie back in the bottle. 

Now I know many people like Daisy as a character and want more of her, but truly her presence has done more to derail the show from its ability to act as a bridge between MCU movies. In season 1 her focus was bearable because she was supposed to be our avatar into the world of the MCU and we had to learn her arc, but after 3 seasons of everyone fawning over her and decisions being based all around her, it will be nice to see the agents do what they do best and go after super villains too small scale for The Avengers and the other MCU heroes while also expanding the MCU as a whole with bits and pieces of every heroes backstory and secondary characters. 

Expanding on what I wrote about the agents going after lower level super villains, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. needs to go to a villain of the week format. Imagine seeing Spider-Man villains that we know will never be in a movie causing havoc and getting busted by the agents. You could have Shocker show up and mention how Spider-Man busted him once before, thus adding to Spider-Man's backstory, while also having a pretty cool villain for the agents to fight. I know when Blizzard, Absorbing Man, and Graviton showed up on the show I lost my shit! They were must see episodes, just to see what was going to happen with them and how they were going to be connected to the overall MCU. That kind of excitement and must watch TV feeling was lost as the show put more and more focus on Daisy and then the Inhumans. In order to make the villain of the week work within the current story, they could continue to hunt Daisy and S.H.I.E.L.D. goes to areas they think she is active only to find the villain of the week or something along those lines. 

Well, those are my thoughts for now. Be sure to come back for Part 2 as I will give my thoughts on the Ghost Rider rumors for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that have been floating around. As always. feel free to comment, like, share, tweet, or whatever other thing you kids do on your social media these days.

*All images are owned by their respective copyright holders and are used under fair use guidelines

Comments